Sunday 21 February 2016

Zakir House Champion


26th Annual Sports Festival 

Vincent Madhnu took away the gents Championship while Magdali Beck in Ladies group were declared over all individual champions. Zakir House walked away with the champion shield.

 Patna.  The Twenty Sixth Annual Sports Festival at St. Xavier's College of Education, Patna, was celebrated on Sunday, the 21st February, 2016.  Dr. Binodanand Jha, Dy. Director & OSD of Principal Secretary, Dept. of Education, Bihar. was the Chief Guest. The Chief Guest took the salute of the march past and declared the meet open. The March Past was led by College Caption Rajneesh Sharma carried the College flag followed by the 4 house Captains -  Aurobindo House by Vivek Kumar and Nishi Ignatius, Gandhi led by Xavier Ignatius and Jyoti Ranjita Bodra, Tagore House by Vincent Madhanu and Sheela Anand and Zakir House by Nitish Kumar and Pragya. Rajneesh Sharma led the Athletic oath.

    The Principal of the College Prof. Father Thomas Perumalil, S.J. welcomed to the Chief Guest all the other Principals of various schools of Patna, invited guests and parents of the college students. The teacher- trainees, ladies and gents, put in a spirited effort and showed great enthusiasm in all the track and field events that followed. They thoroughly enjoyed the games items too.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ The winners of the day received their prizes and certificates from the Guest of Honour Fr. Rector, XTTI, Patna, Fr. Edison J. Amstrong Peter, Principal, St. Michael’s High School, Patna, Fr. Joe Maripuram S.J., Rector SXCE and St. Michael’s, Sr. Marie Jessie, Principal, PWC.

The Chief Guest congratulated the participants and applauded their unity, enthusiasm, cooperation and youthfulness. He was exceedingly pleased to observe the discipline shown on the field and outside. The Chief Guest in his address mention that physical training is an important element in teacher training curriculum, which is neglected elsewhere, but a lot is being done at St. Xavier's College of Education, Patna. He said it was a spectacular show. He requested the trainees to give important to sports in future as they begin their teaching career and work with the youth of the nation. He also said that we need a healthy body for a healthy mind. The body becomes alert and mind sensitive with physical exercise. Perfect discipline caught the attention of one and all, who visited the campus, he said. He laid great emphasis on the important of overall personality development - physical, mental and psychological, which was seen in the students of this institution. According to him, participation is more important and healthy sportsman spirit is the need of the hour. He congratulated the management, faculty and student of this institution for the tremendous performance put up by the students. 



The Results of the various games are as follows:

March Past Zakir House I, Aurobindo House II and Tagore House III
Aerobics – Tagore House I, Zakir House II and Gandhi House III
Ø  100 m. Race (G) I, Nitish Kumar II and Sumit Sunny Murmu III
Ø  100 m. Race (L) Pragya I, Sonam Kumari II and Sosan Kerketa III
Ø  Shoe Race (L) Susai Mary I, Suman Dung Dung II and Ruchi III
Ø  Shoe Race (G) Vinay Kumar I, Paul Merky II and Anand Amrit III
Ø  Concentration Race (G), Vinay Kumar I, Sumit Sunny Murmu II
Ø  Three-Legged Race – Ranjita Raymond & Aparna I, Mamta & Nancy II and Pragya & Shalini III
Ø  Sack Race (G), Prince Charles I, Sanjeevan Kumar II and Vinay Kumar III
Ø  Balancing the Pot (L), Shweta Kumari I, Punam Kullu II and Helen Tudu III
Ø  200 m. Race (G) -  Vincent Madhnu I, Sikander II and Rajeev Ranjan III
Ø  200 m. Race (L) – Nishi Ignatius I, Shalini Robert II and Helen Tudu III
Ø  Memory Game (G) – Shubham I, Vinay II and Nikhil III
Ø  Memory Game (L) – Nikita I, Rajlakshmi II and Sindhu III
Ø  Obstacle Race (Mixed) – Zakir Hourse I, Aurobindo House II and Tagore House III
Ø  Slow Cycle Race (L), Neha Kumari I, Sheela Anand II and Salini Kumari III
Ø  1200 m. Cycle Race (G) Prince Charles I, Vikas Kumar II and Sanjeevan Kumar III
Ø  4x100 m. Relay Race (Mixed) Zakir House I, Gandhi House II and Tagore House III
Ø  Tug-o-war -  Zakir House I, Tagore House II, and Gandhi House III
Ø  400m. Race (L) – Archana Kumari I, Sosan Kerketa II and Punam Kullu III
Ø  400m. Race (G) – Sikander Barwa I, Vincent Madhnu II and Rajneesh Sharma III
Ø  Discus Throw (L) –Sushila Telra I, Manjali Bagdas II, and Pragya III   
Ø  Discus Throw (G) – Sumit Sunny Murmu I, Xavier Ignatius II and Abhijeet Raj Anand III
Ø  Shot Put (L) – Magdali Beck I, Suman Dung Dung II and Archana Kumari III
Ø  Shot Put (G) - Rajneesh Sharma I,  Sumit Sunny Murmu II and Abhijeet Raj Anand III
Ø  Long Jump (L) - Manjali Bagdas I, Sushila Telra II and Manjali Bagdas III
Ø  Long Jump (G) - Rajneesh Sharma I, Vincent Madhnu  II and Sikander Barwa III
Ø  Javelin Throw (L) - Magdali Beck I, Manjali Bagdas II and Babit Kumari III 
Ø  Javelin Throw (G) - Sikander Barwa I, Xavier Ignatius II and Vickant Prakash III
Ø  High Jump (G) – Rajneesh Sharma I, Sikander Barwa II and Sanjeevan Kumar III
Ø  400 m. Race (G) - Vincent Madhnu I,  Rajneesh Sharma II and Shambhu Kumar III
Ø  Filling the Bottle – Sonam Kumari I, Priyanka Kumari II and Raj Lakshmi III
Ø  Cock Fight - Manjali Bagdas I, riyanka Kumari II and Juhi III
Ø  Table Tennis (G) – Rajneesh Sharma I, Amrit Anand II and Vinay Kumar III
Ø  Table Tennis (L) – Pragya I, Nikita Kevin Natal II and Vinita Manish Gupta III
Ø  Carom (L) – Sandhya and Premika I, Aakansha and Nikita II and Priti and Asha III
Ø  Carom (G) – Vikas and Rajneesh I, Rajeev and Nitish II and Sikander and Vickrant III
Ø  Chees (G) – Vivek kumar I, Sanjeevan Kumar II and Vinay Kumar III
Ø  Chees (L) – Sonam Kumari I, Priti Kumari II and Nisha Kumari III
Ø  100m. Race (M.Ed.) – Puja Singh I, Manisha Kumari II and Srishti Kumari III
Ø  Carom (M.Ed.) – Anish Kumar Mani I, Uma Shankar Singh and Abhishek Bajpayee III
Ø  Line Rugby - Zakir House I, Tagore House II and Gandhi House III


NOTE: (L) Ladies, (G) Gents


Mr. Deep Kumar, 
Press In-charge 09334114696

No comments: